When you’re looking to escape the routine for a weekend, the UK is bursting with incredible destinations. From the dramatic landscapes of the Isle of Skye to the cultural hub of Liverpool, there’s a corner of the country waiting to be explored. Let’s dive into five destinations you should consider for your next weekend away.
Isle of Skye, Scotland
The Isle of Skye is a paradise for nature lovers. This Scottish gem is famed for its rugged landscapes, picturesque villages and medieval castles.
- Where to stay: For a luxury stay, consider the Duisdale House Hotel. Budget travellers can find comfort at the Portree Independent Hostel.
- Where to eat: Dine at the Three Chimneys, known for its Scottish dishes.
- What to do: Don’t miss a hike to the Old Man of Storr for spectacular views.
Cornwall’s charm is undeniable with its golden beaches, surf spots, and quaint fishing villages.
- Where to stay: For a touch of luxury, book a room at the St. Moritz Hotel. On a budget? The Newquay International Backpackers is a great option.
- Where to eat: Try the seafood at Rick Stein’s Fish.
- What to do: Experience the unique Eden Project, a pair of giant biomes housing plants from around the world.
Bath is a city steeped in history, renowned for its Roman baths and Georgian architecture.
- Where to stay: Pamper yourself at the boutique Gainsborough Bath Spa, or opt for the budget-friendly St Christopher’s Inn.
- Where to eat: Enjoy a meal at the Sally Lunn’s Historic Eating House & Museum.
- What to do: Take a dip in the thermal waters of the Thermae Bath Spa.
Known for its music and football, Liverpool overflows with cultural attractions.
- Where to stay: Check into the chic Titanic Hotel Liverpool or the budget-friendly Hatters Liverpool Hostel.
- Where to eat: Indulge in a meal at The Art School Restaurant.
- What to do: Discover the city’s musical heritage at the The Beatles Story exhibition.
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Last but not least, Belfast offers a fusion of Irish charm and British tradition.
- Where to stay: For luxury, the Merchant Hotel is ideal. Budget travellers can head to the Lagan Backpackers.
- Where to eat: Savour the flavours at the OX Belfast.
- What to do: Explore the city’s shipbuilding heritage by visiting the Titanic Belfast museum.